Which One to Opt For – U Visa or VAWA?

May 28th, 2019|0 Comments

In case you are the victim of domestic violence and you are not able to apply for VAWA self-petition, you can apply for U visa. But, in case of a U visa, you need to show proof of serious physical or mental injury.

Resources Resources by state on violence against women
Find resources and programs in your state that provide support for women who have experienced abuse. Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Resources for Multifamily Assisted Housing VAWA pdf about VAWA
Information on the legal rights available to immigrant victims of domestic violence in the United States, and facts about immigrating on an marriage-based visa.